Friday, July 18, 2008

Eran Grebler's dreydlekh


The Old City of Caesaria has it's own special charm, no doubt.
But what makes it even more special for me is the small welcoming gallery of the Israeli artist Eran Grebler.
Spinning the dreydlekh means spinning the memories of my love for Yiddish, means getting even deeper in the Jewish sensibility and re-descovering the child within myself.
Last summer I chosed a hamsa and a "foot"-hamsa. The small vulnerable hamsa sacrifice itself for me - it fell on the floor a couple of seconds after I had fixed it on the wall. It says that when a hamsa is broken, it takes all the Bad with itself and protects the owner. But however I felt pitty on my hamsa. So, after one year almost, I have decided to replace the previous hamsa and to bring to the "foot" it's mate.
And since I believe that things just don't happen by chance, today I picked up the "love and happiness"-hamsa, because I forgot that this was written on the "foot" also.



No comments: